NCKU Student Assistance Division Announcement
The NCKU Regulations for Student Leave of Absence (hereafter, the Regulations) and the NCKU Student Leave Management System, revised and approved by the Student Affairs Council in the fall semester of the 2022-23 academic year on December 16, 2022, shall take effect from the spring semester of the 2022-23 academic year.
I. Highlights on the latest amendment to the Regulations:
(I) To help students relieve learning pressure and adjust their learning status, the Regulations include the application for mental health leave, with related rules as follows (according to Articles 3, 5 and 7):
1. Students submit a completed application form directly to the Student Assistant Division for
2. Students are allowed to apply for mental health leave for a maximum of five days in a semester.
3. If mental health leave amounts to two consecutive days, the advisor should be notified to
provide priority care, and if necessary, the advisor will refer the applicant to the relevant
4. Applications for mental health leave for three consecutive days or more shall be submitted with
a medical certificate issued by the medical institute or related counseling institution.
5. Applications for mental health leave during the end-of-term examination period shall be administered in accordance with Article 6.
(II) Students taking an official leave to perform public duties assigned by an administrative unit shall inform course instructors of the leave upon approval of the application in accordance with Article 10 of NCKU Academic Regulations, stipulating that course instructors may include class attendance in the grading criteria.
(III) Applicants for paternity leave include spouse and partner according to Subparagraph (III) of Direction II in the Guidelines for Protection of the Right to Education and Support for Pregnant Students.
- Upon submission of an application for leave, applicants should remind their instructors and the offices concerned of the approval procedures. An application that fails to be approved within the following 20 days will be automatically rejected online.
- NCKU faculty and staff members are allowed to log into the Student Leave Management System with their NCKU Cheng-Kung Portal user accounts to read the submission report of the system and related documents. Meanwhile, they may find the regulations for student leave applications at the website of the Student Assistance Division.
- NCKU adjunct faculty members are allowed to log into the system with their national ID number as the user account and a combination of the last four digits of their national ID number and the last four digits of the birthdate (mm/dd) as the password.
III. Related Links:
(I) NCKU Regulations for Student Leave of Absence:
(II) Student Leave Management System:
IV. If you have any questions about the given information, please contact Miss Hsieh at ext. 50340 in the office of the Student Assistance Division.